Patent design plants 2004/7162
During 2000 and 2001 David started doing research on developing his own self-contained mobile treating plant. firstly because outsourcing the treating portion of the operation was becoming very expensive and having to be reliant on their schedules, and secondly, he realised there could be a potential market for mobile treating plants locally and be very beneficial to African markets where civil engineering was not an option in remote areas. He designed and patented a Mobile treating plant that was built in a 12meter container and could be easily transported by a low bed truck and become operational within a very short period of time anywhere in the country or in the world is more advantageous than a static Treating Plant.
The plant has been specially designed to work efficiently and cost effective. This results in the minimal initial start up costs in chemicals and civil works. In comparison to conventional plants which require extensive civil works and larger quantities of chemicals at start up. Production can compete to conventional plants almost double its size.
|First Generation Treatment plant built 2000 with a 1m in diameter treating cylinder|
|This plant is in operation in the Louis Trichardt area.|
We have improved substantially from our first design first build in 2000. This plant was built in 2004
|This is the Second generation and current treatment plant in operation in Pietermaritzburg This plant houses a 1.m in diameter treating cylinder|
Our Third Generation Mobile treatments plants with new and improved features, housing a 1.2m diameter treating cylinder, have been built to clients specification and commissioned in the Randfontein and Pretoria Louis Trighaardt
Our Uniquely designed Mobile treating plants are built to client specifications
- Mobi-Treat plants are designed for multiple site MOBILITY or dedicated site placement.
- Mobi- Treat plants require no expensive concrete foundations upon which to operate.. All plants are designed with mobility in mind, allowing plant placement in remote locations adjacent to the raw timber sources, dramatically reducing raw timber transport costs.
- Minimum site requirements are a level, hardened footprint, preferably basic concrete foundation would facilitate and assure efficient productivity, with sufficient water supply, reducing installation time and costs.
- All Mobi-Treat models operating in remote off-grid locations are sufficiently powered by a 25Kva generator.
- The plant has been specially designed to work efficiently and cost effective. This results in the minimal initial start up costs in chemicals and civil works. In comparison to conventional plants which require extensive civil works and larger quantities of chemicals at start up. Production can compete to conventional plants almost double its size.
- Up to 1400 cubic meters treated product per month on a single shift.
- -Mobi-Treat plants operate on a winch powered, forward and reverse dual trolley feed system, featuring pressure-assisted Quick Lock Doors (QLD) at either end of the vessel.
- The radial shaped trolleys reduce airspace factor loss for maximum charge volume. Trolleys are unloaded and re-packed whilst a charge is taking place, optimizing turn around time and volume output efficiencies.
- The Bulk Storage Tank is situated directly above the pressure vessel to allow rapid gravity flooding .
- Chemical solution replenishment and mixing take place during the charge cycle allowing continuous treating uptime.
- Total charge cycle time varies between 45-60 minutes maximum, depending on timber characteristics.
- Mobi-Treat plants are 100% self-bunded in excess of the total stored chemical solution capacity. The container interior forms the bunded area.
- All chemical mixing, replenishment and vacuum/pressure functions occur within the bunded container eliminating all chances of environmental contact and contamination.
- The mixing, measuring and storage tanks operate on a closed circuit system each having an independent vacuum supply and controls to eliminate a total stored solution spillage.
- Strategically placed pressure switches automatically prevent spillages.
- A high volume vacuum hose is built into the circuit to suction any spillage back into the system.
- The high pressure vacuum performance ensures touch dry, drip-free product exiting the vessel.
- Mobi- Treat plants are fully contained within a sea-freight shipping container. The pressure vessel, Bulk Storage Tank, Measuring Tank, Mixing Tank, pumps, pipes, valves and electrics are all housed within the containerEnvironmentally friendly
- Low foot print by utilizing only a concrete slab with no major civil work required
- Self contained
- A full turnkey operation. Can be fully operational within 48 hrs. Terms and Conditions apply
- Utilising low electricity usage
- Can use 25Kva, 3 phase generator
- All plants are supplied with a moisture meter, increment borer and titration kit for comprehensive product quality controls and record keeping.
- All pumps, valves and electrical components are brands selected for durability and spare part availability
- Full Staff training
- Full detailed Operational manual
- All components are precision engineered and assembled using high grade ( specify steel type ) boiler steel.
- Professional engineering build in professional workshop
- Shipped and transported anywhere in the world.
- All tanks are close circuit to minimise spillage
- Made from durable high quality steel
- Minimum maintenance required
- Easy quick lock sealing doors
- Double doors with independent external rails for efficient productivity
- Cycle per charge approximately 1hour
- Assist with commissioning of plant
- Onsite and telephonic support
- Comprehensive after-sales support and advice on all practical and technical aspects of wood preservation.
- Client satisfaction
|Mobi 712||Mobi 1412|
|Vessel Diameter (Interior)||1200mm||1200mm|
|Vessel Length (Interior)||7300mm||14300mm|
|Vessel M3 Approx Charge||4.81m3 (Approx 60% of Volume)||9.487m3 (Approx 60% of Volume)|
|Pressure Vessel Volume||8,018m3||15811m3|
|Bulk Storage tank capacity||7200 Liters||14200 Liters|
|Mixing Tank capacity||3000 Liters||5000 Liters|
|Measuring Tank capacity||3000 Liters||5000 Liters|
|Working Pressure||1000Kpa to -85Kpa||1000Kpa to -85Kpa|
|Vaccum Pump Pressure||Neg 85Kpa||Neg 85Kpa|
|Vaccum type||Robushi RVS 14 (4Kw)||Robushi RVS 14 (4Kw)|
|Pressure pump type||Willo MVI 1607||Willo MVI 1607|
|Transfer Pump size/type||Willo NL 65/125||Willo NL 65/125|
|Pump Liters/min delivery||approx 1500 l/m||approx 1500 l/m|
|Door type (locking mechanism)||QLD||QLD|
|Door Seal Pump||Multi V118-FSE-T/2||Multi V118-FSE-T/2|
|Tare weight||Approx 15 tons||Approx 20 Tons|
|Width||2,44m (Exterior)||2,44m (Exterior)|
|2,35m (Interior)||2,35m (Interior)|
|Length||8,10m ( Exterior)||15,0m ( Exterior)|
|7,90m (Interior)||14,80m (Interior)|
|Height||2,90m (Exterior)||2,90m (Exterior)|
|2,70m (Interior)||2,70m (Interior)|
|Vessel steel type||Boilers Steel||Boilers Steel|
|Piping steel type||Black Medium Boiler Steel||Black Medium Boiler Steel|
|Vessel wall thickness||10mm||10mm|
|Piping wall thickness||4.5mm||4.5mm|
Volume output per charge cycle (common dimensions)
|Load Capacity||60%||4.81 M3||60%||9.486 M3|
|Fence & Construction||M3/Pole||Poles per Charge||M3||Poles per Charge||M3|
|2.4m x 75-100mm||8' x 3-4"||0.0173||278||4.81||548||9.4866|
|2.4m x 100-125mm||8 'x 4-5"||0.0276||174||4.81||344||9.4866|
|2.4m x 125-150mm||8' x 5-6"||0.0401||120||4.81||237||9.4866|
|3.0m x 75-100mm||10' x 3-4"||0.0226||213||4.81||420||9.4866|
|3.0m x 100-125mm||10' x 4-5"||0.0356||135||4.81||266||9.4866|
|3.0m x 125-150mm||10 'x 5-6"||0.0536||90||4.81||177||9.4866|
|6.0m x 125-150mm||20' x 5-6"||0.1184||41||4.81||80||9.4866|
|7.0m x 125-150mm||23' x 5-6"||0.1443||33||4.81||66||9.4866|
|Power Utility Poles|
|10m x 160-180mm||33' x 6"||0.3064||31||9.4866|
|11m x 180-200mm||36' x 7"||0.4413||21||9.4866|
|12m x 180-200mm||39' x 7"||0.5075||19||9.4866|
|14m x 180-200mm||46' x 8"||0.6283||15||9.4866|
After many months of negotiations Timber and Spec has been successful in commissioning its first mobile treating plant into Angola, Africa. This is the first step of many and the prospects of introducing our unique concept into the rest of Africa are fast on the move. Africa is the hub of development and is fast moving into the 21st century where huge business opportunities await.
Africa has an array of natural resources to facilitate its growing economies. One such requirement is to supply timber for transmission poles. Our patent design plant will facilitate this process.